3/21/2014

Handy-men and a Missed Opportunity


The Handy-men are here.

The handy-men have folded up their tarps and gone home for the week-end. But ---they will be back - - bright and early Monday morning. There is a lot to do to prep and prime the walls before the painting. Every thing is stacked and moved and it feels like a wreck - but I can see lovely changes happening.

This is just one room where the magic is happening. And it is all good.

The best feeling about it  is that I am getting it DONE! I found someone to manage it and we are moving ahead.

If I were not in the middle of writing and planning for a new show at the Fringe in July I would stop everything and focus on cleaning out all the "stuff" - - by August I will be doing that.

Talking about my show.

Today, after a search,  I found a real lead and called the name of the man I thought was the author of a bio-memoir of a very interesting woman who went to France with the US Army during WWI.  Using her diaries and stories he wrote about his mother's service in France. When I called his wife answered. When I asked to speak to him, yes, I did have the right place - and then she told me he died recently. I have just missed him.

Isn't that what happens when we don't ask the questions and gather the stories from the elders in our families?

Just saying. Think about it.


No comments: