6/30/2008

Knee News


Saturday and Sunday I languished in a recliner and walked as little as possible: i.e. to the bathroom and back to the chair and then to bed. I came downstairs for the first time today to go to the orthodpedist.

When the doctor read my MRI this afternoon he saw a tear in the meniscus- confirming what "I expected." But he has altered the approach - leaning toward the "wait and see." He injected the knee - "yikes" - I was able to walk more comfortably when I left his office. A walker helps -there is an extra comfort level with four legs.

I explained that I have been invited to tell at three storytelling festivals coming up. He seemed to hear me and assured me there is time to figure this out and if there is a need to fix it with arthroscopic surgery. "You walk the same day." he says - well, a temporary reprieve from my fear of anesthesia.

Believe me, I have rearranged my list - and sitting is a high priority on every item.

Please send reikki thoughts to this knee.
Re: The Picture. We had just crossed O'Connel Bridge in Dublin when these joyous rabbits appeared - romping their way down the road. I don't remember the artist's name or whether they were a permanent installation - I am just glad we saw them.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Beading & Lace bridesmaid dresses Applique bridesmaid dresses Applique & Beading bridesmaid dresses Embroidery bridesmaid dresses Embroidery & Beading bridesmaid dresses Embroidery & Sequin bridesmaid dresses Lace bridesmaid dresses Rhinestone bridesmaid dresses Basque Waist bridesmaid dresses Drop Waist bridesmaid dresses Empire Waist bridesmaid dresses Natural Waist bridesmaid dresses Lace Up bridesmaid dresses Low Back bridesmaid dresses Zipper bridesmaid dresses Alexia Designs Alfred Angelo mother of bride dresses Alyce Designs mother of bride dresses Amelie Bridal mother of bride dresses Avanti mother of bride dresses Caviar mother of bride dresses Forever Yours mother of bride dresses

Joe said...

Xscape Collection prom dresses Zum Zum prom dresses A-Line prom dresses Ball Gown prom dresses Column prom dresses Empire prom dresses Mermaid prom dresses Princess prom dresses Sheath prom dresses Trumpet prom dresses Bateau prom dresses Halter prom dresses Jewel prom dresses Off the Shoulder prom dresses One Shoulder prom dresses Portrait prom dresses Queen Anne prom dresses Sabrina prom dresses Scoop prom dresses Spaghetti Straps prom dresses Square prom dresses Strapless prom dresses Straps prom dresses Sweetheart prom dresses V-Neck prom dresses Other Necklines prom dresses Short prom dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses