8/14/2007

Back Home


Took us an uneventful four and a half hours to get here. We drove into our driveway around three thirty this afternoon and this place has never looked so good to me. Did not matter that tbe grass is dried out from the heat or that weeding needs doing - it's home. I am very happy to be here.

It always surprises me how quickly experiences fade. Now that we are home - Pittsburgh and Allegheny General Hospital and the tension of the past few days seems unreal. I believe that is why catching the story everyday is so important.

It did happen! I do not want to forget my gratitude for this good outcome or the people - strangers - who graced our lives with their caring and kindness.

I can't give back to them but - if I remember - I can pay it forward. And I will.

No comments: