5/02/2007

I Missed It


I missed it.

I missed it!

I missed May Day!

Jim and I went to a lecture Monday evening about "our crazy busy lives". Dr. Hallowell says "take charge" and points to the culprits - the cell phone, iPods, Blackberrys, email, internet and etc. "Turn them off," he says.

I agree!

I did!

and look what happened.

I missed May Day!

I laughed as I reminded Jim that the doctor had circulated an email list during the lecture and that we , like everybody else in the audience, had signed up.

They say you write about what you know.

Could it be? Is it possible?

That the good doctor also has a crazy busy life too?

2 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Even so, the doctor's right. We're overloaded. My husband and I took the TV out of our house almost two years ago, and the change has been astounding. We read. We sit in front of the fire and talk. We listen to music. We go out with friends. We call family. I write. We work more outside. We sit on the porch and look at our beautiful mountains.

We get more done, and enjoy life more. It's one of the best things we've ever done for ourselves.

ELLOUISESTORY said...

Granny Sue. Love your comment. Keep hoping I will have your courage to make the change. Ellouise